Your morning routine sets the tone for the rest of the day and can impact your productivity, mood and stress levels. Sometimes dedicating time to these routines is easier said than done, and that’s okay—wellness is a daily journey. That’s why many of us on the Rae team *attempt* to unplug in the AM as much as possible, with at least a few minutes carved out for things like:
* Stretches through yoga or at-home workouts
* Meditation, prayer or affirmation-writing
* Time with nature through an outdoor walk with the dog
* Hydrating with lemon water or tea
We also try to start the day with foods that nourish and support the gut, which is why we connected with our friends at Brightland to bring you recipes to start your morning off on the bright side.
Recipe by Jessica Morelli, founder and CEO of Palermo Body
Makes one 16oz smoothie
* 1/2 banana
* 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
* 1/4 frozen cherries
* 3/4 cup milk of choice (nut or oat milk)
* Handful raw cashews (about 10 nuts)
* Handful baby spinach
* 1 scoop of Rae Wellness Vegan Collagen Boost Powder (Unflavored)
* 1 tbsp Brightland ALIVE olive oil
* Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
Pour all the ingredients, except for the olive oil, into your favorite blender. Mix everything together until smooth. Once all ingredients are incorporated, put the blender on low and add in the olive oil and salt—then enjoy!
Fruit Oatmeal Bowl
* 1/2 pear, any kind, hasselbacked
* 1/2 apple, any kind, hasselbacked
* 1 bunch grapes, any kind
* 1 scoop Rae Wellness Hydration Drops
* 2 tbsp of Brightland AWAKE olive oil
* 1/2 lemon, juiced
* 1 pinch flaky sea salt
* 1/3 cup rolled oats
* 1 cup milk
* 1 tbsp maple syrup
* 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/8 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 cup yogurt, any kind
* Honey drizzle, optional
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Hassleback your pear and apple, and place down onto a small baking sheet along with your grapes. Drizzle fruit with olive oil, lemon juice, and sea salt. Toss until evenly coated. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a small pot over hight heat and add oats, milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, Hydration Drops and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until it is thick and luscious.
- Transfer oats to a bowl, top with a dollop of yogurt and your roasted fruit. Drizzle with honey if desired.
How do you start your mornings? Let us know in the comments, or find us on Instagram @raeforwellness.